Managing Generational Differences in the Workplace
For the first time in the history of the United States there are four different generations in the workplace at the same time, and each of these generations brings different values, experiences and expectations to the office. This fact is contributing to new and powerful demographic forces in the work world today that are having an impact on every organization's ability to remain competitive.
Intrinsically different and sometimes opposing expectations can lead to misunderstandings or conflict which can negatively affect performance and productivity. Attracting and retaining key talent and maintaining high performance levels requires intentional intervention that addresses the distinct needs of each generation, while ultimately meeting the needs of the organization as a whole.
The Ayers Group provides a variety of services that are designed to help each employee, regardless of generation and level, maintain peak performance and work collaboratively with others. These services include:
- Coaching traditionalist and baby boomer managers on how to lead Gen X and Y
- Coaching Gen X on how to lead Baby Boomers and Gen Y
- Coaching Gen Y on how to lead Baby Boomers and Gen X
- Leadership training for Baby Boomer leaders on how to affectively lead Gen X and Y
- Orientation for new Gen Y employees re: working with different generations
- Leadership training for Gen X and Y
- Conflict assessment tools to help diagnose and address conflict styles
- Mentoring programs that match Gen Y with Baby Boomer leaders
- Presentations on generational differences and how to work collaboratively
About Organizational Effectiveness